• The Regional Competition will run from Monday 28th January - Friday 29th March 2019.
• The National Competition will run from Monday 22nd April - Friday 17th May 2019 but will include all applications received by chapters from the start of the Regional Competition (ie all applications dated 28th January - 17th May 2019.)
• There will be an intermission between the end of the Regional competition and beginning of the National competition to allow for results to be collated. The dates of the intermission are 30th March – 21st April 2019.
• All applications dated within the competition period must be sent to the your Regional BNI Office by the following dates in order to be included in the final results:
Regional Competition: 5th April 2019
National Competition: 24th May 2019
Member Competition: 24th May 2019
• Only new member applications dated between the competitions dates for the relevant competition will be eligible and the date on the new member’s application form will be deemed their official joining date.
• All new members must have paid their £170 BNI registration fee.
• Members who re-join with a certificate of credit and are not required to pay the joining fee, are not counted as a new member.
• A qualifying chapter is one that recruits the most new members into their BNI chapter within each region. That chapter will then go on to represent their region in the National Competition and have the chance to become the Pride of BNI.
• Where there is a tie between 2 or more chapters, then the regional winner will be decided according to the following criteria in this order:
• Highest absolute net growth of the chapters during the competition
• Highest net growth as a % of their membership during the competition
• Each chapter that brings in 6 or more new members will win an iPad Mini, which will be given to one of the sponsoring members.
• The prize draw for the iPad Mini will be held at a regular weekly meeting after the competition has closed. The prize draw should be between those members who have sponsored a new member during the competition.
• The member that wins the holiday to Mauritius will still be eligible to win an iPad Mini.
• If your chapter does not achieve the minimum target of recruiting six new members into your chapter within the competition period, you will not be eligible to win an iPad mini.
• The top three chapters in the UK with the most new members within their chapter by the end of the competition period will win a cash prize. The chapter with the most new members will also be named the ‘Pride of BNI’.
• Where there is a tie between 2 or more chapters, then the national winner will be decided according to the following criteria in this order:
• Highest absolute net growth of the chapters during the competition from the start of the regional competition.
• Highest net growth as a % of their membership during the competition from the start of the regional competition.
• The competition is open to all BNI chapters in the UK & Ireland. Winning members may come from either country.
• A qualifying member is someone who sponsors at least one new member into any BNI chapter in the UK & Ireland during the dates of the competition (28th January - 17th May 2019).
• The sponsor’s name must be clearly shown on the new member’s application form in order for the sponsor to be included in the holiday prize draw.
• In order to enter the prize draw for the holiday, you must be a BNI member at the time the draw takes place.
• For each new member that joins, the sponsor will be given one entry into the holiday prize draw. For example; a member who sponsors two new members into any chapter will have two entries into the prize draw.
• The holiday to Mauritius must be taken before 31st May 2020.
• Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative, but destination and exact details can be changed to suit the winning member.
• The winning holiday will be booked through BNI’s designated travel agent.
• The chapters that win the Regional Competition will be notified by their Executive Director.
• National and Member competition winners will be announced via video, which will be released on BNI's social media channels at he beginning of June 2019.
• If two chapters are tied within the Regional and National competitions, then the winner will be determined by the net growth of the chapters during the competition. If both chapters have equal net growth, then the winning chapter will be the chapter with the highest net growth as a % of their membership.
Click on one of the following links to find out more:
Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive tips on networking, public speaking and business.